Friday, 11 March 2011

How long 'til a rodent goes crisp?

Image from here
We've had a bit of a funny smell in our backyard of late.

At first I thought it was the possums, but the Geege's handy work on the roof seems to have done the trick there.

Then I started to wonder if one of the kids had taken to toileting in the back yard (it wouldn't surprise me). They do love a 'bush wee'.

But on Wednesday, whilst taking the rubbish out to the bins I discovered the real cause of the smell.

A dead rat.

So dead in fact it was stiff and only really recognizable from it's big ratty teeth.

How long do you suppose it takes a rat to go crisp?

8 comments:

Lucy said...

I have a severe phobia of all things rodent. And we live on a bush block. Not a handy combo. We had a little field mouse die a death behind our spare 9beer0 bridge in our external laundry.

Three weeks is my guess....

Kymmie said...

Eww. By asking for it's crispness, are you also hoping the smell will go then too? Eww....

Alice Becomes said...

i'm with lucy, i have a total phobia when it comes to these "creatures"

I have no idea how long it takes to go crisp, but what a title for a blog post!

Gill xo

PlanningQueen said...

No idea! Not a rat fan here either. Also detest pigeons. I think they are rats with wings.

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

Not sure of the crispy time factor, but I think that post title should win an award :-)

Sarah said...

possibly not the first question that would spring to my mind but a great title none the less ;-)

Mrs Catch said...

This brought back memories which made me shudder. As the survivor of an old *Queenslander* house renovation, I have had closer relations with rats than I'd prefer (and possumms, snakes and pigeons too, if I may confess). Fortunately, Mr Catch is a dab aim with a spade. He has saved the day on many an occasion (while I wail piteously in the background).

Emily said...

Bleeeeuch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...